Mindfulness is a method where you practice and strengthen your awareness, your ability to focus your attention on something in particular, and your ability of being present in the current moment. Research has shown that consistent mindfulness practice can among other things improve your concentration, sleep and decrease the feeling of stress.
We combine practical mindfulness exercises, such as sitting meditation and body scans with discussions about the book “Mindfulness a practical guide to finding peace in a frantic world”. We mix theory with practice and reflective talks. We recommend that participants practice on their own with help from audio files for about 10 minutes/day.
No previous knowledge required. Come with an open mind and a sense of curiosity for learning something new about yourself and of the effects of mindfulness.
- Theory: What is mindfulness and how do we practice it? Why do we need to practice mindfulness? What are the benefits? What does the research say?
- Various mindfulness exercises such as body scans, sitting meditations, breathing exercises, mindful movements.
- Discussions and reflections in different group settings
- Read and discuss the books Mindfulness
- Daily practice at home with audio files for 10-15 min
We will meet a total of 5 times, each around 1,5 hours. During these times we will talk about the theory, reflect together and also practice various mindfulness exercises. In between the meetings, it is recommended that participants practice mindfulness on a daily basis with the help from audio files. You need to bring a yoga mat for our third meeting.
- 2020-04-13 - Bring a yoga mat.
Camilla Martinsson, mindfulness instructor and pedagogue.
Mindmatters hjälper människor utveckla sin förmåga till medveten närvaro.
Via dokumenterade och vetenskapliga metoder ger vi individer tillgång till sina inre styrkor genom mindfulness. Företaget håller inspirationsföreläsningar och utbildningar på svenska och engelska, och har dessutom mycket erfarenhet av att arbeta med elever i skolmiljö. Vi tror att hjärnan...