Spanish art history
A crash course in modern Spanish art history. Learn the basics of Goya, Taro and Picasso and how they among others affected society and democracy until today.
- Tools for critical thinking and visual analysis
- Timeline of Spanish germinal artworks and artists during the 20th century
- Recurrent themes and motives
- Art related phrases and expressions in Spanish
During this course you will learn about Spanish artists and culture, with focus on female artists and artists in exile. You will review and discuss the work of Spanish artists that have been engaged with a social and political movement. Artists that has one thing in common, they have all left an important reflection on the specific historical period which they lived in.
Some examples of artists that will be referred to during the course:
- Goya, an artist living in a war period and his contribution to the later development of photojournalism
- Photographer Gerda Taro, together with groups of female artists collaborating with feminist magazines during the 1930s
- Art works of the cubism period such as Maria Blanchard or Picasso and their contributions to the Peace Congress
You will also learn how to analyze artworks belonging to the Spanish culture committed in its most powerful form. A passionate protest touching the times they lived in.
Language of the workshop: English
Prior knowledge requiredNo prior knowledge required.
MaterialsYou course leader will bring some materials.
Book the course by clicking the green button Boka kursen nu. There is an option to choose a booking form in English.
Folkuniversitetet Malmö och Lund
På Folkuniversitetet i Malmö och Lund finns något för alla, oavsett om du vill gå en språkkurs inför semestern, byta riktning i karriären eller skaffa en ny hobby. Här finns hundratals kurser för dig som vill utvecklas tillsammans med andra....